Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Defying Gravity

We had a busy day.  At the start of the morning we had nothing planned, but by the end of the day we had gone to the trampoline gym with the kids, had a picnic lunch with friends at a park, played outside with neighbors, and had an impromptu party with both friends and neighbors.  I trust that my children will sleep well tonight. 

The morning was going in its normal, spring vacation, kids are out of school kind of way with the television on and all four of us in our pajamas when my husband said, "let's go to the trampoline place for toddler hour at nine o'clock."  I looked at the clock and it was already past eight, showers hadn't been had and my husband said he had to do some emails before we left. 

But no problem, we could make this work.  I scrambled to get online tickets, grabbed clothing for my children and packed a snack while my husband got his work done.   We left on time and even arrived a few minutes early to the location. 

This place is exciting to both children and adults.  There are forty-two trampolines connected together on a large floor.  There is a dodge ball area with soft, squishy balls my children loved playing with.  There's a basketball court that my children could care less about and there is a foam pit area with two trampolines for jumping in that they both loved.

We had both an exciting and tiring morning.  Next time we're going to take some friends with us.

The Big Boy Update:  At the trampoline place my son loved the foam pit the best--only not for the reason you might think.  He liked the, "rescue rope" you could throw in to help people pull themselves out of the pit once they'd jumped in.  He would throw you the rope and would usually miss, then, he would jump in after the rope to help you out.   Only you usually ended up helping him out just as much. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Foam collector.  My daughter liked the foam blocks in the foam pit at the trampoline place more than the pit itself.  She wanted to stack them and make a pyramid or just run around holding a foam block.  We told her the rules said she had to leave the blocks in the pit, but that she could hold one and jump in with it.  That seemed to be an all right alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment