Saturday, April 19, 2014

At The Pool

My in-laws have a pool in their back yard.  They have a pool with an attached hot tub that's several feet higher.  When the water is in flow across both the hot tub and the pool the hot tub overflows into the main pool with a waterfall effect.  When the hot tub is in use, heated, for hot tub-like purposes, the flow stops and you have two different temperatures of water to have fun in.

We've spent a lot of the time this week on vacation at and in the pool.  My children liked water and the pool last year, but this trip, they love it.  Getting them out of the water has been the hard part, not getting them in. 

My in-laws got small inflatable inner tubes for each child for the bargain price of $1.49.  There were other flotation devices for the kids, but those inner tubes were all they wanted.  They have been swimming around and kicking and playing, while holding onto those inner tubes for days now.  They have no fear of being out in the middle of the pool alone (and for that matter, we're not overly worried either). 

Tomorrow we'll spend time at a water park, but I don't know if it's going to top Nana and Papa's pool for my two kids.

The Big Boy Update:  I was out by the pool with my son in my lap trimming his nails before dinner.  Nana walked out to the grill with a plate of hamburgers to start grilling.  Out of the blue my son looked over and said, "Nana, I'm so glad you came out."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Curly hair.  It's wavy at home with a hint of curly if it air dries.  Down here in the humidity it turns out to be curly.

No comments:

Post a Comment