Friday, April 18, 2014

Vacation Vacation

We went to visit my in-laws in Florida.  It was our vacation.  But the morning after we got here we took a second-tier vacation, leaving my in-laws with our children and my niece and nephew to head to Key West with my brother- and sister-in-law.  We had a great time on our vacation vacation, but we're glad we're back to see all four of the children we left behind and our parents who worked to hard to keep everyone entertained.

While all this was happening, our children were busy being terribly funny and cute.  So the rest of this post is dedicated to them.

The Big Boy & Tiny Girl Escapades:
The Lost Shoe and the new shoe - while at the beach, my daughter lost a shoe.  There were extenuating circumstances including a big downpour that everyone had to take shelter from.  When it was determined that the second shoe was gone for good, my in-laws went to the Crocs store to get her a new pair.  My son got a new pair too.  And just like her old pair, she is exceptionally fond of her new pair.

Croc obsessed - My daughter loves her Crocs.  She has decided she loves her brother's Crocs too.  This afternoon she was lining up three pair, counting them out loud, moving them to where her brother was, telling him his shoes were available, (he didn't care), lining them up and counting them again and finally selecting her brother's pair to put on and clop around in.

Doubloon - We brought my children a gold doubloon from Key West.  There is a television show that features pirates and doubloons so we expected they would like them.  They loved them.  They started throwing them up in the air and letting them land on the ground and I didn't understand what they were doing until I remembered the doubloons on the cartoon floating in the air and bouncing up and down as they were counted.  My daughter then decided she wanted to hold the doubloon between her toes and walk around.  I remember putting things between my toes when I was a child.

'Scuse Me Monster - My children were playing in the pool with their cousin Kyle, who was pretending to be a monster.  They were giggling and laughing in the big pool after moving over from the little hot tub.  Suddenly my son then turned to Kyle and said, "''scuse me monster, could you go in the other pool?" 

Nakie Nakie - My children were dressed in clothes after dinner but some of our family decided to get their suits on and get back in the pool.  My two sat on the edge, hanging their feet in and laughing while squirting their water guns and, "waking up" their Aunt Kelly.  Then my daughter leaned over and fell in, getting wet.  So her clothes came off and she ended up in the pool in her underwear.  A few minutes later, my son decided he wanted to get back in too so he took his clothes off, getting "nakie nakie" as my daughter likes to call it, and got back in.  They were in the pool until just before bedtime.  They are now sleeping soundly.

No comments:

Post a Comment