Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Scary Squirrel

My husband typically comes to bed later than I do.  I get up early to work out and he likes to stay up late and work or watch a movie to relax.   Last night after I was asleep I heard him making this big commotion near the door to the room.  I sat bolt upright in bed.

"What?  What's going on?" I ask.
My husband says nothing but is clearly distressed in the dark.

"What are you doing?!" I ask him in a louder voice.  He's always nice and qquiet when he comes to bed.  He tries not to wake me up, but this time it's like he's doing some sort of distressed dance near the dresser...in the dark...and not answering me.


"Okay, this is the third time I'm asking you--can you hear the frustration in my voice--what is going on?"

Then he tells me, "I was asleep and I dreamed there was a squirrel in the bed."

Oh...oh!  He was already in the bed and asleep (I told you he could get in quietly and not wake me up) and dreaming.  He had leaped out of bed to get away from the squirrel and wasn't awake enough to answer me when I was talking to him.

I felt bad for being annoyed at him.   Then, we started to laugh.  He said he'd never dreamed anything like that before and that it was a very strange experience.

Today in the car on the way to pick up the children we started talking about it again and we started laughing so hard it brought tears to my eyes.  I'd look at him and he'd laugh.  He'd look at me and I'd laugh more.

The Big Boy Update:  Pee in the potty.  He goes a lot now without you asking him to.  You usually know this because he leaves the little potty full.  He's starting to dump it and flush it on his own now.  Maybe we'll tackle wiping next.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: She also leaves pee in the potty.  But she is much more likely to dump it and flush it.  Maybe her brother learned it from her.  I know she didn't learn it from him.



No comments:

Post a Comment