Sunday, April 27, 2014

It's Like It's Summer

Today was such a nice day.  We were out in the back yard and my children got naked (don't even ask, because I've stopped asking at this point.)  

You had to ask...  Okay, we were outside and I got the water table out and the kids decided to take the umbrella off the top and then, well, I suppose it just looked like a little pool to them and that meant they needed to take their clothes off because you don't go swimming in your clothes we said.  So there was toddler nudity.

Then, my neighbor said he was getting their slip and slide out and would we like to come over and oh, could you put some clothes on your kids because they didn't want their kids getting any naked ideas.  So we found suits for everyone and then we hung out in their back yard.

My running buddy and two of her children came over (because we wanted to run but it wasn't looking like that was going to happen) and Walter made some sort of fruity alcoholic drink for us.   We drank that while the kids knocked back juice boxes and slipped and slid and splashed in the pool.

It really felt like summer today.  I even have the sun burn to prove it. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son got stuck behind a chair this morning.  He got stuck and he wanted some help.  He yelled out from behind the chair, "if no one helps me, I'm going to be so disappointed."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  "I want carrots"  (she told me this morning for breakfast).  And apparently she did.  She ate carrots and when her brother woke up and saw her eating carrots he wanted some too.

No comments:

Post a Comment