Friday, August 9, 2013

Two Sophias?

There is this giraffe that was very popular as a gift when I was pregnant with my son.  It's still popular now, with various renditions available to purchase beyond the first, main form.   It was touted that the material was superior, the shape was designed to be perfect for young hands and mouths and it was most noted for it's high price tag. 

It squeaked and therefore it was also a great dog toy, so my dog surmised.  She tried to get at it and we kept it from her and eventually my son was able to clutch it and chew on it and it's still a fun toy today, although at this point the dog does get it thrown at her and she then carries it off to a corner and tries to make it squeak.

It goes up and comes back out as toys are rotated in and out.  It's put with the other animals now, as opposed to the teething and chewing toys it was initially kept with.  Oh, and it's name is "Sophie".  I think that's the name.  We decided to add a syllable and call it "Sophia".

It's out now and it's been moving around the house like all the other toys do.  Yesterday, while cleaning up, I put it where it was supposed to go and there was already a Sophia there.  Two Sophia?  We only got one and no one has handed one down to us either.  I am flummoxed.  I am confused.  I am bewildered, and my children don't know enough to explain to me where the second one came from, even if they did know.

The Big Boy Update:  I was watching a cooking show in which the host was explaining how other countries and cultures ate bugs.  My son was watching too and he seemed very intent on what the man was saying.  The host said, "So why aren't we eating bugs in the United States?"  To which my son said while waving his hand in a no gesture, "We don't like bugs."  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Me: "are you poopy?"  My daughter: "I not poopy."  Me: "are you sure?"  My daughter: "I sure."  Guess who was poopy?

Fitness Update:  1:15 on the stationary bike and elliptical, working on the shin splints exercises.  I'm about ready to get full swing back into running.  I hope all will be well with the shins.


No comments:

Post a Comment