Friday, August 23, 2013

Fascination With Fountains

My children are fascinated by water fountains.  There was a small one by Red Robin, where we ate today.  They could have watched the water bubble down for far longer than we had patience for. 

I remember being fascinated by fountains when I was a child.  There was one that was most likely only two stories that ran along a stairwell at a store I think named Boylan Pierce.  It was a magical thing.   My mother was always nice enough to let me throw pennies in.

I may have to reconvene this post for another day, things are going haywire upstairs with the children...

The Big Boy Update:   Today he combined a tow truck and a spatula (plastic) to make a new version of a scooping, dumping, hooking device.  Imagination...marvelous.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Hiding under the towel.  She loves to be covered by a towel after getting out of the pool or the tub.  She will put her head on her feet and be very happy under cover of the towel, sometimes for several minutes before popping up and seeing if we knew where she was hiding...grinning.

Fitness Update:  Yipes, I'm suppose to be running in two minutes from now.  I'd better get changed.  I'll be back after three miles to finish this post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment