Saturday, August 17, 2013

Raining Good Time

The block party was a wet success.  We had many neighbors come and even with an on and off rain, everyone seemed to have a good time.  The children of the neighborhood got together and played basketball, drove in powered and unpowered children's vehicles and jumped in the bounce house.

Adults talked, ate and drank adult beverages.  The party went on past the end time of four hours and is still going on now, as I write this.  I am tired and want to get to bed.  I'm not packed for our family vacation we leave for tomorrow morning and I have doubts we'll leave on time.  Still, all in all, a good day.

The children had an amazing day.  They moved around the street, interacted with the adults and children alike and had unending energy that took them to bedtime, where they passed out without much of a whimper. 

I, too, am off to bed in short order and I suspect I will fall asleep quickly as well.

The Big Boy Update:  Run over!  Oh dear, Lightning McQueen ran over my son.  Lightning's driver, Cooper, didn't mean to hit the gas on his electric car when my son was in the way but it happened and it ran right up on his leg.  Those of us who saw it thought it looked pretty bad but my son was not hurt in the least from what we've been able to tell.  Cooper, on the other hand, needed a lot of consoling.  He was upset he had hurt someone.  In short order they were both friends again and the play in the rain continued.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Something cranky got a hold of her after her nap and nothing would console her.  Was she cutting a molar?  We couldn't figure it out so we gave her a dose of ibuprofen.  Thirty minutes later she was happy again.  She stayed happy for the entire block party and had a tremendous time with all the children in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment