Thursday, August 29, 2013

Making a House

I'm not talking about building a house; we did that.  I'm taking about "making a house."  This can be done with sofa cushions, folding tables, pieces of furniture, blankets and sheets.   And these houses are lots of fun. 

My son has been into making houses lately.  The other day I went upstairs to find all the pillow arranged in such a way that a small area was available to climb in and hide.  I think daddy helped with the arrangement and somehow, through the impressive wedging capabilities of toddlers, my son and daughter were able to fit inside.

Uncle Bob came to visit earlier today and my son asked for the baby gate/wall to be brought out.  We wet it up into a spiral shape, then a hexagon and then many shapes in between and covered it with a dark blanket and a light sheet.  Uncle Bob joined him in the various renditions of the house and they did things like hide from the alligators, take a bath and pretend to sleep. 

Mostly though, my son was interested in the opening and closing of the door, and asking Uncle Bob to come in and play with him. 

I had been meaning to put the baby corral up into the attic for a good while, but now that a new life for it has been identified, it's not going anywhere for a good while.

The Big Boy Update:  When I asked my son how old he is, he said, "I'm bigger than half.  My dump truck is three."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: 
Coloring craze.  We got a new easel and she is just mad about coloring.  She's started to like coloring more at restaurants on the children's menu too. 

Fitness Update:  Yoga.  I did my first yoga class last night.  It was great.  I was exhausted.  It was hard.  I was so sweaty.  I plan on going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment