Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bluzzy

The eye surgery went well.  As far as I can tell.  Everything right now is bluzzy.  It's blurry and fuzzy and I can't tell if I'm even typing things correctly. My eye is still very dilated, it's pretty interesting to look at, it looks like my one eye is really intently gazing at you.

The halos and blur are expected and normal at this point.  I think I can tell that the vision will be much better once the dilation has subsided and the lens settles in.  For now, I have been instructed to use reading glasses to see anything closer than arms length.  This is so the lens will have a chance to settle in, before I begin to work it to focus on near vision items.

When I spoke with the doctor today prior to the surgery he said that I should expect to have my vision improve significantly within the first month.  After that, because I'll still be working and training my eye to use the lens as optimally as possible, I may continue to see improvements for the next year or even longer.  That sounds like an exciting proposition to me, to have a vision project, to try and get the best results out of the lens implants.

Bending over, arugh.  I have very few restrictions post-surgery, but one is to not bend over today.  Do you have any idea how often you bend over with two small children?  I think it must be an average of every seven seconds I'm catching myself (or realizing afterwards) that I'm not suppose to be bending over.

He said I could be back to lifting the children tomorrow and continuing my 5K training in a week.  Tomorrow I hope to see much more clearly.  And the next day.  And the day after that.


The Big Boy Update:  Constipated.  Again.  We've toned down the fruit snacks, because they were definitely giving him problems.  But we're not sure what's missing (or being added) that's giving him grief today.  Tomorrow, focus on fiber. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She is definitely able to sit up for longer periods without falling over now.  She needs a little surrounding pillow help, but she can lean all the way forward, pick up something and then sit back up without falling onto her face.

Right-size Countdown:  1.6 pounds to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment