Thursday, May 24, 2012

The #&*! Hits the Floor

It was bound to happen eventually.  Any time there's a naked child, even for the brief time they're transported from the changing table to the tub, I find myself holding my breath that that's not when they just have to go.

Today, my son had gotten wet in the pool on the deck, which turned into time for his daily bath.  His eczema goes in waves.  The big wave (I hope daily) is that it's baby eczema and not life eczema.  He's had a bad few days so I wanted to get him fully washed, put hydrocortisone on him, then put moisturizer on top of that, all over him, so he wouldn't be so itchy.

So, one drenched diaper from the wader pool that got left out on the deck.  One bath being run.  One drawer of bath toys open.  One naked baby who delights in throwing bath toys into the tub while it fills, and one tiny baby left on the deck that needed to be brought inside while the tub was run.

I say to my son, "no pooping while I go get your sister."  Pft, he's constipated, he's standing at the tub inthe bathroom, there isn't a chance...

Age does not guarantee wisdom, but it does provide opportunities to experience more of life's fun little events.

Coming back to the bedroom he's sitting on the carpet.  And there is something brown beside him.  NOOOOOO!  ARRUGH.  Deposit tiny baby on the floor, pick up big boy and investigate how messy he is.  Not as bad as it could have been.  At this point, I am just thrilled he was constipated from a damage control perspective.  Clean him up, put him in the tub, give a pacifier to the tiny one and then clean up the poo.  Eww.

My mother-in-law has a carpet cleaning machine.  She's offered to let us borrow it many times.  Note to self: take her up on her offer.

The Big Boy Update:  Mirror's Edge.  We have a full-length mirror in our closet.  My son has loved it since before he could stand.  Today I saw him looking at it, then stepping to the side and looking beyond it again and again.  Was he figuring out it was only a reflection and discovering the reflection ends at the edge of the mirror?

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Stand me up, please.  She likes to have you hold her hands and stand up and practice balancing.  I remember this phase with my son.  When you want to sit them down, they don't want to bend at the waist.  You have to push them into a sitting position because they want to stand.  And stand.  And stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment