Friday, May 11, 2012

6-26-40

Six months ago I had my daughter.  It's always hard to believe when time has gone by quickly.  Baby time is the same.  Six months ago I didn't have a daughter, now, life without her is hard to remember.  It's been a happy six months.

Twenty six weeks ago I was having a baby.  I weighed the most I've ever weighed in my life.  I was happy to be that weight but very glad to be losing a good bit as being pregnant and weighing more is taxing on your body.

Forty pounds.  Gone, lost, delivered.  Baby weight, water weight, milk weight, body fat weight.  It's all gone.  If I pick up my two children at the same time, they almost weigh forty pounds.  And they're heavy!  I don't want to carry them around all day.  It's no wonder I was tired and out of breath all the time.

Weight-loss diet is almost done.  Weight-maintenance diet is about to start.  I feel great.

The Big Boy Update:  Here is Elmo.  He brought Elmo to his sister and tried, in vain, to explain why Elmo should be important to her.  The introductions have been made though.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   No more hand sucking.  She has made a complete transition to a pacifier.  From time to time she likes to suck on material, but that's usually a wardrobe issue and is easily avoided.  I'm glad she's not going to have a thumb-sucking habit as she gets older.

Right-size Countdown:  -0.8 pounds to go

No comments:

Post a Comment