Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It's Just Not Funny

I've come to realize I'm not a funny writer.  Maybe I could develop a sense of humor in my writing, but it doesn't seem to be my natural style. 

I realized this when I was helping a friend make some jewelry the other day and this blog came up.  She didn't know I had a blog.  She said she reads only two blogs regularly, and one she reads because the writer is so very funny.  It's no one she knows personally, it's the wife of a musician her husband and she like.  But she regularly reads her blog because it's both entertaining and funny to read.

So that got me thinking.  I seem to have a more conversational style.  Conversational, interspersed with typos.  I've been too pressed for time to even proofread what I've been writing lately.  But that doesn't mean I won't strive for humor ever.  Gonna have to work on this one.

The Big Boy Update:  Just one wail.  There was only one wailing session last night.  It went on for a bit, and may have gone on longer than I realized because I had gotten little sleep the night before and was tired from exercising and being up late.  But he stopped wailing.  Maybe he heard us talking and realized we weren't going to cater to his whim.  He is understanding more speech than I realize.  Could be time to start spelling!

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Reason.  When she cries, it's always for a reason.  She is a very polite baby.  There's the, "I'm bored" cry and there's the, "I'm poopsie" cry and there's the, "MILK NOW!" cry and even a, "I am so tired I'm going to cry loudly until you put me to nap" cry.  She is just a considerate baby.  Must take after her father.

No comments:

Post a Comment