Monday, May 7, 2012

Pound Pennance

Eleven weeks on the diet today.  I have been doing well.  I hit my target last week for Monday's weigh-in.  But I know you can't just stop dieting when you reach your goal.  I really felt I had "just barely" reached my goal.  I think I was right.

Right after that low, I bounced up again and I never recovered.  Then there were the sea salt caramel brownies and then there was a neighborhood party yesterday with cake.  And I can't run for a week because of the eye surgery so I'm not burning the extra calories I would from exercise.

Did you catch the whine in that last paragraph?  If you missed it, you're being overly kind.  I get frustrated when this happens.  If the goal is to lose a pound a week, but you go back a pound, then you've not only wasted a week, you've added another week on the diet.  That's two weeks you could have been done dieting that you have to keep slugging through it. 

On the other hand, was last week's reading out of line with where I should have been?  I don't know.  Today I paid "Pound Pennance" and ate less than I would have normally on the diet.  It is okay though, I ate enough cake yesterday to make it through the day.  I'm pretty sure the caramel was still sticking to my insides from Saturday too. 

The Big Boy Update:  So many things sound like things.  But is he really saying what we think that last string of syllables sounded like?  My guess is no, he's baby babbling but we, in our attempt to convert sounds into communication, are hearing what he's saying as words and phrases.  Also, mp and broom!  We were at the store getting baby food and he was pointing at something hanging on the wall.  We assumed it was another ball.  Everything is about balls these days, but it was a baby-sized mop and broom.  He's been wanting to help out with the housework.  Now he has his chance.  When we got home he swept bits of the driveway and even cleaned up some of the grass.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Wanting to be involved.  She wants to be involved in what you're doing.  She reaches for whatever you're holding on to and wants to know what her brother is doing.  Her sphere of awareness seems to be larger lately than it was weeks ago.  She seems more outward-focused than inward of late.

Right-size countdown:  1.0 pounds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment