Monday, May 14, 2012

Creative Gifts

Yesterday was Mother's Day.  My husband and I don't do much to celebrate Valentines day, Mother's Day or Father's Day.  But we had some wonderful happy wishes from family members yesterday.  And as a surprise, I got a gift from my Mother-in-law:


And it was a three-fold gift.  First, it was a gift she hand-made.  Second, she reused a container that was a gift from my sister-in-law, so three points for reuse.  And third, the gift was turned into a Mother's Day dinner for both her and me by my husband who used 100% of the items in a salad and dish he made. 

We had a nice day, including a phone call to my mother, who talked to my son while he listened and said, "bye bye" when they were done.  We had a Skype call with my two sister-in-laws from the west coast and just had a calm day all around.

The Big Boy Update:  Branching out with foods. He's becoming more adventurous with food when we go out.  This is great.  Hopefully he'll continue to be interested in what we're eating and have an interest in trying something just because it's on our plate.  Food flexible is a good thing.


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The tooth!  She has her first tooth.  She is happy, until she's not. She went to the doctors today for her six month wellness check.  The doctor said, "she's just perfect."  Then the doctor left and the nurse came in and gave her several shots.  She was fine for a while, but the tooth pain and the after-effects of the shots and she is currently making us deaf.  Some Tylenol and the baby swing and I think she's going to have a nice nap.  A quiet nap.

Right-size Countdown:  -0.8 pounds to go

No comments:

Post a Comment