Saturday, May 26, 2012

Now I Remember...

...that drinking alcohol can be painful.  In the head.  In the morning.  It also settled into the, "you feel yucky" center of my brain and stayed around for a good part of the morning.

We had a party last night.  It's been a long time since I drank much alcohol.  Two babies back to back and then a diet that left no room for alcohol-based calories.  Since I'd met my goal, I thought it would be nice to have a drink or two.

I think, all things considered, I'd rather eat something delicious than drink alcohol for a while.  Remind me to remind myself of that the next time I'm thinking of having a drink.

The Big Boy Update:  Uh oh, uh oh all day long.  He likes to say, "uh oh" a lot.  Even if he's just intentionally thrown a piece of food off the tray directly at you.  It's got a broad meaning to him.  Lots of times he says, "uh oh," looks at you and turns his palms up and out like a baby-version of a shoulder shrug.


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She played with a large wooden toy that had lots of wooden moving components for a good while today.  She was sitting up in front of it and had the best time reaching and touching and moving the pieces that were close enough for her to reach.  She is sitting up very well now.  She does fall down, but that's commonly because her brother decided he wanted to hug or push or pull her.

No comments:

Post a Comment