Friday, February 10, 2012

Where Does My Money Go?

Bills, food, gas--obviously.  But where does the majority of my money go on other things?  I got to thinking about it recently and there are just a handful of places I spend my money.  These are big retailers who have made a business of being the biggest, best and easiest for the consumers to find what they're looking for and get in and out quickly.  And they've done their job very well.

Baby stores are on the top of the list.  Target because, hey, they have almost anything you need.  We're there twice a week easy.  Babies-R-Us too.  They have better deals on some things in bulk (good coupons too) and a bigger selection.  Those two stores probably get the majority of my local consumer cash.

Then there's Amazon.  I love the Prime membership.  If I can wait two days, why bother going out in the car when I can order an item at three in the morning and it'll show up two days later?  I was just looking at my credit card bill and Amazon Marketplace has more charges on there than anything else.  They're small charges, but the frequency with which I purchase things on Amazon is amazing.

It's not only baby things, but books, cooking things, presents for our friends (we all have Amazon wish lists lest you be shunned,) movies, music.  You name it.  I do love Amazon.com

So, these few retailers are getting the majority of my money.  They've made it easy to shop and the experience either local or online is pleasant.

The Big Boy Update: Croupy Cough.  Yesterday there was a strange noise coming from his room while he slept.  It was a low cough, something we'd never heard before so we didn't realize what it was at first.  Today, the cough is worse, lower and sounds very raspy.  It sounds dry but is accompanied by a fun, runny nose.  We're debating calling the doctor but since he has no worrisome signs like fever or lack of appetite, we're going to let him work through it a bit longer.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Those blasted fingers.  She can find her fingers so easily now.  She's so happy with one, two, or even three in her mouth.  She can find her fingers even when there's a pacifier in her mouth.  You know, because you hear slurping and sucking sounds from across the room.  Writing this post I've gotten up four times to reinsert the pacifier.  Two days ago I ordered some "stay on" mittens" from Amazon.  They should arrive today.  Hopefully tonight we'll see if she makes it through to morning with the mittens on.

No comments:

Post a Comment