Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Blog Balance

In many ways, it's great to have an anonymous blog.  No one knows who you are, no one knows who you're talking about and you can say what you please.  And yet you want to let people you care about know you have a blog so you're not all alone out here, writing into the void. 

But it's a balance.  I don't want to tell everyone, "Hey, I have a blog.  I'm writing gut-wrenching, life changing diddys every day.  You gotta subscribe."  I don't want anyone to feel like they have to read what is, in reality, my little diary on the internet. 

I also don't want to feel I have to censor what I write just because someone is reading it.  And that includes any time in the future.  If, say, my very special fictional friend that thinks I love artichokes and brings me artichokes all the time reads this at any point in the future, I'd better make darn sure I've never said anything about how I hate artichoke marmalade.

So far, only three people know about this blog.  I'm debating on telling more.  Even so, I still keep in mind it's a balance, writing a blog and considering current and future audiences.  It's also nice to know people would care enough about you to even bother reading your little daily entries.  It warms my heart.


The Big Boy Update: He has a special talent.  He can light up a room in such a way that even when he's left, you know he's been there.  It's called poop.  Remember the trust your nose post?  Sometimes he's across the room, in his playpen.  We may not notice for a bit that he's in dire need of a diaper change.   Some days, I think it still smells like his poop in the closet with his toys an hour after he's been changed.   That's talent.


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I realized yesterday that we started with rice cereal at four months with my son.  She's only three weeks away from four months.  She seems so tiny and so young.  But she wants to sit up (with your assistance) all the time and she's trying to help with the bottle when she eats.  So hopefully she'll do well when we start adding in solids next month.  We're still working hard to get her to twenty four ounces most days.  Maybe some solid food will help.  I know she's growing, because she continues to outgrow outfits at an alarming rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment