Thursday, February 23, 2012

To See The Future In a Drawer

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a glimpse into the future?  Not be there, not time travel, just have a glimpse of something forward in time.

I've thought things like, "I wonder if I'll still live here in ten years," or, "I wonder what our new neighborhood will look when it's not a bunch of empty lots."  What about how much the trees in the back yard will have grown or how well the new car will have fared after years of child abuse? 

What if you were able to get a glimpse of where you live right now.  Would you be able to tell if you still lived there if you could see into the future?  Maybe your favorite painting would still be on the wall, even if the furniture and paint had changed.  What if there was lots of antique furniture in the room instead of more modern, clean lined furniture?  What would that tell you?

What if this future-peeking were a game show like Name That Tune?  How much would you need to see of your current house to know if it was your future house?  One room?  Two rooms?  Less?  I like to be organized, and I think I have a relatively good grasp on the things I like and dislike around me.  I would wager it all that I could Name That House Resident in one drawer.  You pick the drawer, if it's mine, I think I'd have a good chance of knowing if the things in it were mine.

If they ever come out with that as a game show, I'm signing up to be a contestant.

The Big Boy Update:  We're decorating for a party and he's having some of his normal areas rearranged.  He noticed Mylar balloons today and was trying to explain to my father that they were on the ceiling by pointing up and talking baby talk involving lots of "oooos."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Some days she's confusing. I'm hungry and I'm mad.  But I don't want to eat.  But now that the food is not there, I'm going to suck my hand.  And then I'm going to cry.  Also, I have gas and my tummy is rumbly.  She was like this this evening.  Once we got the gas out both ends she settled down, ate some and went to sleep.

Right-sizing counter:   16.3 pounds to go (Remember, the first week is always easy with the water weight dropping off.  I assure you, I'm not starving myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment