Monday, February 20, 2012

Contractual Obligation

Today is the day.  It's the day I make a commitment to lose some weight.  It was easy for a while, the weight was dropping off quickly after having my daughter and becoming active again.  The easy days are over. 

I've been trying for a few weeks to focus on eating appropriate amounts of food and getting exercise, but I'm not making any progress so I'm going to make a commitment and get serious.  I spoke with my husband, who also wants to lose some weight and we're going to do this together.  It's easier together because you can support each other, or commiserate with each other.

I needed to have something written down, some sort of, "today is the day and yes, I'm serious," so that I'll not give in to the Girl Scout Cookies in the pantry.  And I'm writing it down here, because even though I don't have many readers, you all will know I'm serious. 

My husband and I talked about how we can lose weight safely and in such a way that we can sustain over a period of time.  We decided we needed to drop alcohol.  I can drink now, but it's so many calories.  It's easier for both of us if we don't drink any at all instead of drinking less.  He's going to work drinking water with all meals.  I'm going to try and eat only at meals (I'm a big snacker.)

I'm going to add a little entry at the bottom of the posts that show how much more I have to go.  I may not do it every day, as some days I forget to myself.  We agreed to have an official "weigh-in" on Monday mornings to make sure we're on track.  Our goal is to lose a reasonable amount before bathing-suit season.  And that season may start at Easter if we decide to go visit my in-laws in Florida and swim in their pool. 

SO, let the weight-loss commence.


The Big Boy Update:  First day in the snow.  We had just a dusting last night that barely covered the ground but it's snow, and it's a new experience for him.  He liked to kneel in it, tried tasting it and was generally not bothered by the cold.  Perhaps he'll do his thesis in Antarctica on tolerances of cold when he's in grad school.


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Rolling over.  She's trying to roll over more now.  She can make it half way, but then gets interested in the new position and stays there to look around.  She's also gotten very interested in her hands and spends lots of time looking at them

Right-sizing counter:  20.1 pounds to go

1 comment: