Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Tyres

I'm printing some filament made with "tyres" or tires as the company who produces the filament calls it, which is reasonable since the filament is made in Italy.   It's been challenging to find models that show off or showcase each filament for Filament Stories. 

I could print the same thing every video, which one person suggested early on.   I didn't tell him but I thought that would be frightfully boring.   I don't think I could even watch my own videos if they were all the same.   

The balance is finding something that works well with the filament, prints well, is interesting and/or fun, and is available for other people to download and print.   The model(s) don't have to be free,  but people commonly want to print the thing they see you've printed.   

All of that adds up to a lot of research and test printing to get what I hope will be just the right model for each video.   I printed all for fun in the past.   And while the printing is still fun, it isn't always what I would want to print.   What is fun is reading comments from people who are excited to either get the filament or print the models. 

Tomorrow, there will be a video using the tyre filament involving a miniature of the Tesla Cybertruck.   It should be a fun video if all goes to plan.  Currently, my print room smells like roadwork when you drive by and get that smell of tar.   It is not my favorite smell but it does seem like the filament is truly made of tires.   

The Big Boy Update:  My mother texted us and said she got my son to read by saying she would read at the same time.   It turned out he wanted to read his book to her.   How wonderful!

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is reading A Wrinkle in Time, one of my favorite books from childhood.  Her father is reading it to her as he's never read it either.   I came into the living room and say on the couch to listen to him read.   

No comments:

Post a Comment