Thursday, August 26, 2021

A Little Crooked

I've noticed in the videos I've been making that the first joint in my index finger is bent as though I had arthritis.   I don't feel like I have arthritis, but the joint does seem rather stiff.   I don't know if it would be painful or not, I have no pain in that particular part of me.

I think it would look more natural if my finger weren't bent though, so I've been stretching it, which will be futile if it's not something that's recoverable.   I'm going to try for at least a bit to see if it's posture or degeneration though. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Hurt Feelings:  My son said something tonight that basically said my daughter couldn't do something, "because she might hurt it" which upset her.   For the first time that I remember, she stood up for herself and tried to compare to my son what it might feel like if someone said something to him that had the same meaning.   He didn't want to hear it, saying he didn't mean it like that (I question that statement though) but we required him to.   It's tough, not being able to do things because you can't see and then being told you're not allowed to do things simply because you might hurt something because you can't see.   I was on my daughter's side, even though I'm guilty of telling her she can't do something without, "a tour" of the thing so she won't bump into and hurt herself or also, yes, damage something.   I suppose we could all be a little more sensitive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment