Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Massage

We have someone come to the house to give the children and me massages.   It was recommended by our play therapist, Dhruti.  Reese really likes having a massage for a half-hour or forty-five minutes.   It helps her relieve stress and let out some of the tension she's holding inside, especially as she works through the anger and frustration she has with being bling.  

Her blindness is something she accepts some days while other days she's furious about.   She doesn't want to be blind.  But she also doesn't know what it would be like to see as all memory of sight has faded now.   I don't think there are any options that will return her sight.  Her eyes are far too damaged and weak from the malformations she has in them. 

She does love the massages though.   We have a massage gun tool thing.   It can dig into tight muscles and work out the toughest of knots.   When Reese has something bothering her, she will go get the massage tool and try to work it out herself.   If we're around we'll help her. 

Her favorite thing is to have her butt massaged though.   Which she finds funny.   It makes her laugh because it's just an odd thing to have your butt wiggle like that.   

She asked me if there were places that gave massages and I told yes.   She said she wanted to go, and was disappointed when I told her they probably didn't massage children because of legal reasons.   She does like Shelia coming every other week and she said that would be okay for now, but if we could go togeher and get massages, she wanted to do so.   Typically we get our nails done together when she wants to do something with me.  Maybe I can find a massage company that would do a massage with us both in the same room like a couples massage, only a mother/daughter one.   She would like that. 

The Big Boy Update:  I don't think my son is homesick because he hasn't wanted to call ever since he got to the mountains with my parents. 

 bI was putting a big bag of dog food into the bin where I keep it for the dog.  My daughter asked if she could help.  I said it was tricky and I might make a mess of it yet, so I'd better do it this time.  She said, "If you ever need anyone to help, let me know, I'm really good at making a mess."

No comments:

Post a Comment