Thursday, August 12, 2021

Free Things?

We're starting to get offers from companies for products.  The big question I think is do we want the products?  I love filament, but I don't want loads of red, blue, black or white.   But some companies have lots of beautiful filament and it would be nice to have additional filament from them.    

But then there is the subject of printers.   I have a good number of printers.   I have more printers than I have room to put them.   Being offered a nice printer is, well, nice, but what would I do with it?  There are some very interesting printers being brought to market that would be interesting to investigate.  But my time is already so tight I have people I owe things I haven't even gotten to with the release schedule I set at the start of this Filament Stories endeavor—a release schedule I'm doggedly sticking to.

The schedule I have us on is intense, but I think it's worth it.   When I started writing this blog, once per day seemed a lot but after a while, it was just what I did.   The video making is going to become the same, although at this point it's a lot of work and we have so much to learn to get our videos to the quality level we need to be at.  

Back to the offer for free products   And that brings up the topic of expectations from the company offering any products for review or free. Companies have different expectations and I don't want to take on anything that doesn't work well with our current plans.  

So it's dilemma time.   

The Big Boy Update:  My son was very disappointed I didn't title my recent video with, "Face Reveal."  He said if I had, I would have gotten a lot of views.   I don't know that most people realized I'd never been on camera before (other than my hands) so I decided it was easier to just post the video and act like it was a standard release, even though I was panicked inside as I pressed the publish button. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was home today as she had vomited several times last night.  We suspected it was stress, and today she admitted when she talked to us tonight that it was.   She has been having a difficult time with a friend at school—causing a lot of discord between them by challenging her to do things my daughter knows she'll win at.   So her friend started taking shots back at her.  My daughter admitted it was because she could see more than she could and that it wasn't fair.    I told her it wasn't fair. Her being blind would never be fair.   We talked about how to be a good friend and I think she's feeling better about her friend now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment