Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Sleeping in the Bathroom

My daughter isn't sleeping in the bathroom, but she's sleeping with something from her bathroom.   She and I were shopping and she found a soft bath mat and desperately wanted it.   The ones she had in her bathroom were circa before she was born so I said we could get one.   She had it on the floor of her bathroom for all of a day and then it was on her bed.  

I asked her why it was up there and she said it was her friend.   And that on her bed is where he belonged. Children are really interesting in how they become attached to certain things.   For my daughter, it could be anything, a blanket, a stuffed animal, and don't even get me started about the rock from Hawaii.   That rock will live on for years to come I suspect. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son seems to be going through a phase of, prepare yourself for this, niceness.   He's been nice to both his father and me.  And understanding, and he listens, and he doesn't complain.   Someone has clearly absconded with my son and brought in a robotic replicant. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter forgot to work on her homework project after school again today. She tried to pressure me into helping her when she remembered and then tried the hystrics tactic, but nothing worked.   She actually went to her room and was feeling sick from the stress of how she'd been putting the project off, not being interested when I offered to help and then when she finally remembered, she was so upset it made her feel sick.   I told her I was still going to help her, but that she needed to take initiative.  It was her project, not mine, and she was old enough to be responsible to get the work done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment