Monday, August 30, 2021

Fidgets, Again

My husband is watching a show on Flat Earthers and as much as I try, I continue to be distracted by the things being said around the corner of the room from where I'm typing.   But let's see if I can get this post written. 

My daughter has a neighborhood friend, Ashley, with who she loves to play.   She asked if she could come over and play today.   She had a lot of reading to do, so she set to work, well reading with her fingers, and got done in time for Ashley to come over in the afternoon.  

She asked if Ashley could bring her collection of Fidgets over, something that's all the rage.  The two girls had a huge amount of fun today, despite my son's attempts to intervene, and at the end of the day, my daughter had an entirely new collection of Fidgets.  

What had happened, I asked her?   She said they had traded.   She was happy to have let go of some of her items and had gained some new things.   Next weekend, they want to meet again.  And of course, my daughter would like to get some new fidgets in preparation with her saved money. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son spent the entire weekend in pajamas I believe.   I can't say as I blame him, I like spending the majority of the weekend in my pajamas too.   COVID-19 has been bad on so many levels, but it has brought back pajamas as primary clothing that's acceptable, even in the yard. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter just might finish reading her book in time to write her report before presenting on Friday.   I hope so because the last project she was behind on upset her very much.  


No comments:

Post a Comment