Saturday, December 3, 2016

The Silent Parenthesis

It’s the end of the day and I find myself at the computer again.   I do this every day, without fail, putting into words thoughts or ideas I’ve had that need writing down.   It’s become part of my life, the silent parenthesis to the day.

That doesn’t always mean I know what to write.   Sometimes I have too much to write and not enough time.  Other times I have not as much on my mind coupled with unseasonable free time.  Most commonly I descend the stairs into the basement with a single topic in mind, something specific I’ve had highest on my list of things to be written.  

It’s a good thing, this desire to write about life, thoughts and experiences.   Only sometimes it gets in the way of my plans for a nice hot tub bath.   Something I plan on correcting in short order, right after I finish this post.

The Big Boy Update:  My son told my husband today he hated himself.   He followed this up by saying he likes everyone else.   He was just coming from a birthday party in which he knew our neighbor, his friend, but none of his classmates who attended the party.   My son felt rather alone.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has had some bouts with fear of monsters in the relatively recent past.   She hasn’t been scared overnight in a while now and recently she told me, “do you know there’s only one monster in the world and he just went past?”

No comments:

Post a Comment