Monday, December 26, 2016

Not Un-helpful

Today I did some of the first real estate work I’ve done.   I’ve been in classes, taken tests, paid membership fees, been trained on software, signed up with a firm, attended meetings, configured online sites for access and shadowed someone for office phone duty.   But so far, I don’t think I’ve done anything other than prepare for work I’ll be actually doing once I’m working.   Until today.

We had a request from one of our team members to help show a house to prospective buyers and prepare another customer for listing his mother’s estate house.   Since my mother- and father-in-law were in town for the day and could stay, I went with my husband on both calls.  

Both locations were fairly far away from our house at over thirty minutes drive.   This gave us time to talk about what typically happened at showings, what information we needed to know in advance, what questions potential buyers would ask and what we could do to help them.   There was a lot of iPad data looking beforehand and discussion between my husband and me.

Both meetings went well today.  I was not un-helpful and possibly even a little bit helpful.   And although, my husband didn’t need me, it was nice working with him and seeing what process he went through with customers.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was “looking through his head” this evening when I got home.   He was peering into the now-darkened window, looking rather intently at himself.   I’m not sure what he saw, but he was looking serious about seeing into his brain.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My children went out to our play structure to swing, slide and play while we were out with a customer this afternoon.   They decided they were in a boat or a plane or vehicle, I’m not sure which, but the important thing to know was we were in good hands because my daughter said she was, “the Coach Pilot”.

No comments:

Post a Comment