Thursday, December 22, 2016

Amadeus Laugh

Tell me you’ve seen the movie, Amadeus?   If you have, one of the things you’ll probably remember is the crazy laugh Mozart had from time to time in the film.   It was loud, it was outrageous, it was memorable.  

It took me a while to realize every now and then, when the situation is just right and something strikes me as very funny, that I do the same laugh.   When I realize I’ve done the, “Amadeus Laugh” it almost makes me laugh again.  

Last night I was in the car with my girlfriend going to a ladies wine tasting party and something one of us said was funny, so funny that I did the Amadeus laugh.   I chuckled and told her and then she too was laughing, agreeing it was a fair likeness.  

I’m not sure I’m proud of that particular laugh or not, but it is funny (at least to me) when it surfaces.

The Big Boy Update:  We went to Dave & Busters tonight (or Ghostbusters, as my daughter likes to call it).   My son was playing Skee Ball when he looked at the balls and told me, “these balls actually look like Bludgers”.   He’s right, although the ones in Harry Potter fly around and try to hit you in the head.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter apparently didn’t like the mannequins in the store the other day.   We were walking on, past another store when she said, “I hope we don’t see those aliens again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment