Friday, December 16, 2016

Movie Night Present Swap

It's been a busy, but fun day. My son's ear was hurting and we brought him home from school early but we think he just needed to blow his nose in a major way. My daughter is still highly light-sensitive, but otherwise is fine aside from hating the drops as they sting her incisions.  We were busy preparing for this evening: our annual movie night friends present swap.

Everyone arrived and presents were handed out by our children with help from the adults. Paper flew off the packages and we all found fun or useful presents in our packages.  The children wanted to open more, even when there were none left.  Now, in the wake of the evening, my son is happily watching Harry Potter and my daughter is sound asleep.

I, for one, am tired, having prepared for the neighborhood luminary event happening tomorrow.  I'm going to sleep as soon as I can so I can get up early to run and then have another day full of holiday events with a cookie swap, luminary event hand out of materials and street party.

The Big Boy Update:  my son simply can not wait for his Harry Potter party in Sunday to celebrate his sixth birthday.  He is looking forward to having his friends come to celebrate with him.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  light is the enemy since surgery, which is good, we hope.  Sunglasses are helpful, even in dim light.  In a few weeks we hope to know if her right eye can see form as well as light.

No comments:

Post a Comment