Friday, December 23, 2016

Off the Bottom

I don’t think I’ve had my hair cut in a year.   Everyone says, “your hair is getting so long”, and it is, only it’s doing so at a tragically slow pace.    To keep the hair healthy I need to get some cut off the bottom to keep the ends healthy.   I need to do this every so often.   But if I cut the hair regularly, it would never get longer overall.

So I work with my hair as though it were in a delicate state.   I am careful with it from washing to brushing to drying and styling.   I’m also careful of how I treat it as I’m putting it up, taking it down or just walking around with my purse or laptop bag on a shoulder where hair could get caught and pulled.

Today I had a bit cut "off the bottom”.   There was negotiations done about how much should be cut off versus how much I could bear to lose.   In the end we cut off an agreed upon amount that was not enough she thought and too much, I thought.

Long hair is a serious commitment in time.  If I didn’t like it so much I would consider a shaver.   Maybe bald heads will be in style soon.   Think of the hair care products and time it would save the ladies?

The Big Boy Update:  My son’s behavior, kind and generous and not nearly as “fighty” as he used to be, is being noticed by people.   I’m so glad we found Dhruti and am so grateful for her guidance.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  There was a little boy sitting beside us at the gate earlier this week before we boarded the plane.  The boy didn’t know my daughter couldn’t see so he brought over his blue dog and showed it to her from about three feet away.   I told her what he had and she said to him, “that’s a beautiful dog.”    I don’t think she even knew where the dog was, but she knew how to make someone happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment