Sunday, December 4, 2016

Back in Class

I’m became a licensed real estate agent in November and then I joined the association(s) of Realtors later in the month making me a Realtor as well.  There is still training to be done though.   I’m a provisional agent until I complete three thirty-hour post-licensing courses.   Not wanting to wait around and not liking that, “provisional” word on my title, I signed up for the classes.

Tomorrow I start the first class on contracts and closing.   It’s sure to be a good class, but it’s also a busy month.   I like to feel as though I’m ahead of the holidays instead of having it feel like they’re barreling down on me with little time left to finish my planning, shopping, decorating, delivering, baking and wrapping.  

It doesn’t seem like a lot, but all the little things add up to make for a lot of hours doing things that are fun in and of themselves, but sure can busy up your month.   This month with two trips to Detroit and a two-week continuing education class added to the schedule, I’m feeling already pressed for time—and it’s only the fourth of December.  

I’m still ahead of things—I think.

The Big Boy Update:  I asked my son if he wanted to look through a new catalog that came in the mail today.  Typically he’s all about this, but today with a new Lego from Grandma Shu on the table, he had no interest.   I told him, “but you could find some things to put on your wish list, do you want me to save the catalog for you?”   He said, about the things he’d put on his wish list, “all those things were just to get people interested.”  In what, I wonder, buying him more presents?

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   Speaking of holiday things to be done, I was making earrings for the school staff, something I’ve done since our first year of school.   There are more staff, this year necessitating I create forty pair of earrings.  My daughter asked me several times how much longer I was going to be, to which I replied “days”.   She then asked me, “mommy, why do you do everything for the school?”

No comments:

Post a Comment