Wednesday, December 28, 2016

And I Ran Across The House…

It’s the end of the night.  My husband is helping with the laundry before going downstairs to his man cave (the basement) and I’m finishing up with things before I get into the tub (the woman non-cave?) We had several things in the children’s laundry basket that needed to be washed tonight so I’d dumped my day’s clothes into the basket, and gone across the house to start the load.

I had been wearing my new, favorite pants.   These new pants are camoflage, with cargo-like pockets on the sides.  Also, they’re fairly form-fitting, which is in these days, even though I protested several years ago with my “spray-on pants” post.   So came, lots of big pockets and form fitting.   Winner all around.

I like these new pants so much after wearing them several times I informed my husband yesterday I was going to the store right then to see if they had another pair in my size before they sold out, because I was fairly sure I could wear the heck out of two pair of cargo camo pants.   He nodded and I dashed off to the store, coming home triumphant with the only remaining pair in my size.

So tonight I wasn’t overly worried about putting the one pair in the laundry when there was a second pair waiting for me in the chair by the bed.   I had come back from starting the laundry and was working on helping fold when I noticed my phone wasn’t in the charging spot.   I said something to my husband and then jumped up and sprinted out of the room.  

My husband had made it half-way across the house before he realized I was stopping the laundry to see if I’d just dumped my pants, including phone in pocket, into the laundry.    We were both relieved to find the pants soaked but phone-less.   Where had the phone gone?

I got back to the bedroom and realized I’d put it in my shirt (well, bra).   My husband said, “how did you not notice that when you were running across the house?  

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been given a new privilege today.  We moved the lego colored-sorted drawers into the bonus room and set up a new table with two chairs for him and anyone who wants to work there.    He knows he can’t hit, yell at or force people to clean up if they’re making a mess of the Lego’s, but he also knows it’s his responsibility to let us know if people aren’t respecting the rules for keeping the Legos organized.   He liked the upgrade.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been complaining about one particular spot on her back for several weeks now.   She says she hurt it when she was jumping off the brick wall into the leaf pile.   Her complaint is always the same spot and she says it bothers her a lot.   Tomorrow I’m going to have it looked at by the chiropractor.   If they think there’s something more to check out, we will.   It could also be nothing, so hard to tell with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment