Sunday, December 25, 2016

Corning Ware Casserole

It’s Christmas day, well, Christmas night.   We’ve been through the morning of presents, the afternoon of cats and the evening of dinner.   Now we’re into the post-dinner entertainment and I’m sneaking off to write this post.   Overall, it’s been a capital good day.  

To start the day off, my son came into our bedroom happy and glad to wish us a happy Christmas morning.   He had tried to wake his sister up but she didn’t want to come downstairs until eight-thirty.    In the meantime, we had breakfast of bacon, square potatoes (potato hash dad makes), eggs and fruit. At nine o’clock we went to the basement to see what Santa had brought the children (one present each) and open family gifts.

Our children had a discussion on being grateful and not demanding more presents.   They were very polite, being more interested in passing out presents than opening their own presents some of the time.    When the morning of present was over,  my daughter and I went to take care of the seven cats.   She fed them all treats while I scooped lots of litter.  

For our family dinner, my mother was wanting to bring over a roast she’d made the day before.   She wanted to borrow a casserole dish.   I looked through our cabinets, not finding what she was looking for.   We realized we were talking about something she though we would of course have, because everyone has them, and I wasn’t sure what she meant but we didn’t have any of those things because we didn’t use them.

I do know what a Corning Ware Casserole is (especially after looking them up online), but we don’t have any.  We don’t use them.   I’m not sure how our kitchen and cooking routine/needs are different, but it’s just never presented itself as a need.    I need to look into this more, because it would seem like a nice thing to have from time to time, if only I knew when I might use a casserole dish.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was approaching the “adult” table for dinner tonight on his hands and knees, making a growling sound.   We told him only adults allowed in the room, not animals.   He left and went back to the other room.   We poured more wine for dinner.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  “Ready. Set, Go!”  My niece was trying to get into character to do lines from MacBeth tonight.   Just about the time she was ready to be severe and serious my daughter yelled out in a sing-song voice, “Ready, set, go!”

No comments:

Post a Comment