Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Contracts and Closing

This post was supposed to be about the follow-up appointment my daughter had with her retina surgeon post-op this morning but it’s just not happening.   It’s been one of those days where you feel like you’re not going to get on top of your day, even if the day extended into next week.    My husband and daughter arrived this afternoon and it’s been so cram-packed with “stuff” (for lack of a better term meaning all kinds of crap that has to get done) and I haven’t even had a chance to find out what happened at the appointment.    So hold on for tomorrow and I’ll try to catch up.

Today I was in class for the last day of my Contracts and Closings post-licensing course as a real estate agent.   There was math, done in a group setting so we could help correct each other when we faltered, a review and then an afternoon exam.  

I passed.   I did not get a hundred percent, which is a shame, because I wanted to.   Don’t we all want to get hundreds every time?   At any rate, I passed easily and am now on to the next class, Broker Relationships, starting in January.    Soon…soon, I’ll be a non-provisional broker in charge of my own destiny in the world of real estate.

The Big Boy Update:  I have this wax seal kit with two seals I got as a Christmas present two years ago.   I brought it out as an incentive to my son to get his thank you cards done.   This has turned into more of an obsession for him than I intended.   He likes to play imagination games with the silver, gold and red wax sticks and the other parts of the set.   But most of all he loves to melt the wax over the candle and make the seal on the envelopes after I’ve put his drawn-on card inside.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is home and you’d never know she had surgery from her mood.   Yes, she is un-thrilled about the additional drop frequency and added antibiotic drops, but she doesn’t mind the metal, protective eye-patch at night.   She didn’t want to sleep on her back tonight but I was able to move her around once she’d fallen asleep—which she did about three seconds after laying down, she was so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment