Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Ahh…

Today has been a hectic but good day.   I rushed off with the children to get to school on time only to find out for the second day in a row my husband, children and I had somehow all forgotten we were supposed to be taking the other car and not the normal car to school.    This morning we needed to take one of the cars into the service center so after depositing the children at school, I returned to the house to swap cars quickly with my husband so I could get to class on time.

The class I’m taking, Contracts and Closings, sounds dreadfully dull but it’s fairly interesting.  Pair that with a funny ex-military teacher and it makes for an enjoyable day.   But that didn’t make it a short day.   I made it home as quickly as I could in traffic, making the trip decidedly not quickly, and scrambled to get seven things done in thirty minutes before my husband and I left for our anniversary concert night.  

Of the seven things, I got six done.   I forgot to eat.   I grabbed some water and crackers and we drove to the concert, enjoyed the entire show immensely, met The Piano Guys for a photo afterwards and then headed home to pay the sitter, make the lunches, put the dirty dishes up and then come write this blog post.  

I rather like writing these posts, but right now I’m looking forward to the one thing I look forward to  every day when the children are up in bed and I’m finishing the remaining chores that need to be done.    I’m looking forward to getting in a nice hot bath into which I will sit.   Once I’ve sat down I will say in my most happy and relaxed voice, “ahh…”.    

The Big Boy Update:  My son and husband were at a bounce house place this afternoon.   My son had been excitedly running around for a while when he came over to my husband and asked, “why am I all sweaty?”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter put this together with her therapist today.   It doesn’t look like much, but for a child that’s blind it’s a lot of work.   She has to find the end, get the pieces connected, get the next piece from the box and connect again.   Then, and this is the tricky part, she has to not run into the parts she’s already put together and break them apart because she didn’t see them.   Her therapist was so pleased she sent me this picture. Her comment was, “So much work and lots of problem solving to get this.  All by herself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment