Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Piles of Paper

My husband doesn't like to do paperwork.   He likes to take all the papers and pile them into a pile.  Sometimes, when that pile gets tall enough and he still doesn't want to do paperwork, he starts a second pile.    Eventually, the piles have to be dealt with and when those times come around, he does this spreading out, pile after pile process that eventually ends up with all the papers getting to the location they need to be file, trashed, mailed, paid, shared or shredded.

I came downstairs the other day to see the entire table covered with piles with overflowing piles on the floor and I had a flashback to being at home growing up.   My father collected articles, cartoons, mail, manuals, magazines and other things and made pile after pile in our basement.   Then, after the piles had gotten big enough or some tolerance level for clutter had been exceeded (or perhaps he just needed to find something,) he'd go through it all, making piles all over the desks and floor, and eventually it would all be put up somewhere in file cabinets or other locations.

As I looked at my husband doing the very same thing, I thought, "I think I've married my father."

The Big Boy and Tiny Girl Imaginary Friend Update:   Ghi Ghi and Gah Gah are big friends of my children.  They like to play games and the people they're rescuing or helping or going to see or playing with are commonly these two imaginary people.    They don't point to them and say they're, "right over there," and they've never tried to talk to them directly or introduce them to us, but they do factor in to their playing.

The other character that's not as big, but hasn't gone away, is Pahmer.   He's for some reason separate from Ghi Ghi and Gah Gah.   Whereas they seem to need help or to be rescued, Pahmer seems to be one of the helpers or experts.   Now that I think of it, I'm not sure Pahmer has ever met Ghi Ghi and Gah Gah, now that I think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment