Thursday, February 12, 2015

I Can't Think

My husband got his Valentine's present today.   He's been wanting this particular type of present for a while, but it hasn't worked out.   Or rather, what I mean is he hasn't found one that he liked.   This has been an ongoing, multi-year, waxing and waning desire that just wasn't ever really going to go away...so I got him a pinball machine.

I did the research, I read the forums, I looked on auction sites and when I finally found the perfect pinball machine I got it for him.   All right, I didn't do any of that.   I didn't do any research at all.   I just told my husband, "go ahead, I know you want one, I'll help rearrange the room when you pick one out."  

Today it arrived, the pinball machine.   He had to unbox it, screw the legs on and make sure it was all working.   Now, he's playing it.  It's in the basement and he's playing it and it's playing it's little repetitive music and there are the bumpers and flippers and GOOD GRIEF IT'S LOUD.   It's loud and I can't think as I write this blog post.    It should have taken me about three minutes to write up to here but I think I might be onwards of ten minutes now and I'm not even altogether sure what I've written.    I definitely understand the need for quiet while writing now.

But it is really fun and even the children have enjoyed playing it, although they're not quite sure what they're doing.   Uncle Jonathan came over to check it out and also our neighbor just came in the back door now that his children are asleep.

The Big Boy Update:  We have a drawing easel.   There is a white board side to the easel and a chalk board side and a wooden dowel in-between the sides for a paper roll.  Also, on each side there is a tray to store paints or chalk or markers.    But the easel wasn't being used to do artwork.   It is now in storage, disassembled, because my son is more interested in taking it entirely apart so he can put all the long bolts in his pockets and to hide  somewhere.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  A song was playing on the radio in the car this morning.   I mentioned I liked the song.   My daughter asked me if I had the song on my cell phone and I told her I did.   She then told me, "I have that song on my cell phone too."

Fitness Update:  I drove over to Uncle Jonathan's house today for us to do a greenway and around the museum run.   It was a nice seven-mile run, mostly in the dark, but on roads and greenways so there was plenty of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment