Tuesday, February 10, 2015

And The Year Is...

I discovered today that the year is 2015.    I have apparently been confused on this point for some time.

I was perusing IMDB this afternoon, looking up someone and I noticed that Fifty Shades of Grey was listed at the top of the site.    To digress for a moment, I missed the whole Fifty Shades of Grey insanity.   I didn't until today realize the spelling of the word Grey was with an 'E', which is how we spell my son, Greyson's, name.   I clicked it to see who was in the movie and found two actors I didn't know and then I saw there was a trailer.

I looked and the movie wasn't coming out until 2015, so I was surprised they had a trailer already available for a movie coming out next year.   After I played the trailer I noticed you could see what theaters the movie was going to be playing in on the release day of February 12th, 2015 and then I realized, "oh, it is 2015 and this movie is coming out in two days."

Then tonight I worked with my daughter to help her stamp, scribble and sticker twenty-eight cards for her friends at school for Valentine's Day.    This morning in the car I told the children about their cards and how they would get to decorate them.   I told them what the cards said and how their picture was on them.   This afternoon I re-read the card to my daughter and helped her decorate them.    Then, tonight, I showed my husband the cards and read out the caption to him under their pictures: "Happy Valentine's Day 2014."    He didn't say anything.  I looked at him.   I looked at the cards.   Then I think I may have used a four-letter word or two.  

I made the cards.  I printed them.   I cut the sheets up to separate the cards.   I stacked the cards and then I told the children about them several times, never realizing what year it was.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is so good at not going to the bathroom in his pants any more.   We don't ask him and he manages everything himself, without any problems, even at night.    Just before I came down here to write this my son came into the master bathroom where I was helping his sister get ready for bed and said, "mom, I need some help.   I pooped in my pants.   And I peed in them too."   He had carefully come downstairs and asked for help, instead of taking his pants off and making a bigger mess upstairs.    He said he was working really hard on building something with Legos and it had happened accidentally.    I was quite proud of him for coming to let me know and asking for help.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter just called Mimi on the phone.   My parents are in the mountains right now and my mother told my daughter it was very cold up there.   Then she asked if it was cold here.   My daughter said, "no, it's not cold.  I'm in my house."   She then told Mimi she should come to visit her tomorrow.    Mimi said she would do her best.

No comments:

Post a Comment