Friday, February 6, 2015

Pack It In

I'm running a marathon distance run tomorrow as part of the training we're doing for two upcoming marathon-length races.   I can I say again how it's not fun eating a lot of food because you know you need to eat a lot of food?   It sounds like fun, but it doesn't really pan out that way.

I don't like being uncomfortably full, but I like even less being three hours into a run a and not knowing if I can make two more hours because I'm so depleted in energy.   I don't like the somnolence effect I get from eating more than I normally would that happens an hour or two after the food begins to digest.

Tomorrow I expect it will be a slow run (as all of mine are) but we'll make it.    Thanks in advance to my husband and my mother for watching the children while we're out on the trails for so long.

The Big Boy Update:  Kisses, Hugs and I love you's.  My son hated all three.  He didn't want to be kissed, disliked being hugged and would not tell you he loved you back (or at least he wouldn't tell me.)  Now he's a big fan of all three.  The other day out of the blue he said, "guess who I love?"  I told him I didn't know and he said, "you!"

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's hair is crazy.   It takes a lot to make it look anything other than a messy wreck.   We use conditioner, spray in a conditioning spray and blow dry it to calm it down.   But even with all that, the fineness of her hair makes it look fly-away even with a modest elastic band to keep part of it out of her eyes—that is, when she'll keep something in her hair at all.    And don't even get me started about how food is inexorably attracted to her locks.

Fitness Update:   Our Ninja run team is growing.   Other people that work out with out trainer are joining our team.   I don't know how we'll do, but Don says he's going to prepare us in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment