Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Missing Words My Sentences

I've been dropping words when I write lately.   An example of the type of words I've been dropping is showcased in the title of this sentence.   It's clear what word is missing (in) but not clear why I decided it wasn't worth adding into the sentence.   This has been happening a lot.   It's been in emails.   I've done it in text messages and it happens as I write these blog posts as well.

Am I saving on typing?    Did some words become more expensive and I haven't found a coupon for fifty-cents off this week?   I don't know.   I hope my brain isn't breaking, because I need it to do all sorts of useful things.   We all make typos and through the technology of autocorrect, we all make funny typos, some of which result in missing words or confusing sentences.    Only this isn't the result of that.

It's like my brain found a turbo button and is going just that wee little bit faster than the part that's  processing what I'm typing.   For most words I'm good, but every now and again, just like when my children swing together on their swing set, things get in phase and the next short word is tossed out.

I will have to do more tests.   That means I'll have to keep texting, emailing and writing blogs.   How ever will find the time?

The Big Boy Update:  My son got a lesson in the binomial cube yesterday.   I was very excited to hear him tell us this.   He didn't particularly care, but I love the math behind the binomial cube work.   He told me all about the colors of the blocks this morning at breakfast and then he told me about the trinomial cube and how he would get a lesson on that when he was five.   (I have the trinomial cube on my Amazon list, but apparently the mathematically-oriented item only looks exciting to me because no one has gotten if for me in two years.)

Binomial Cube

Trinomial Cube


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  On the way home from school today my three-year-old daughter told us we live in North America.  We were all very impressed.   Then she told us, "our house is North America."   I told her that was a pretty big house to live in but we were all sort of a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment