Monday, February 16, 2015

Last Generations Facebook

Information is transferred in the most rapid of ways these days;  it doesn't get much faster than the speed of light over a fiber optic cable.    Information can be shared amongst friends, acquaintances, strangers and illicitly in any number of ways, with social media sites making the top of the list of means.   Information travels fast these days.   

This afternoon my mother came over to visit.   She had an article she'd cut out of the paper.   It was something interesting she'd read and thought we might find it interesting to read too.     That article could have been boring.    It might have been shocking.   It might have been intriguing.    It was one of many articles in the paper she cut it from.  

When she handed it over to me I got the sudden feeling that I was experiencing the predecessor of what we call, "social media" nowadays.    Her handing us this article today was like posting it on our news feed and commenting below it, "I thought you might find this interesting too."

The Big Boy Update:  17 and 71.  I went to lunch with one of my friends today.   I had to take my daughter to the bathroom and when I got back my friend said to me, "he just identified 17 and 71.   I was writing out numbers and he told me what they were."   She then proceeded to show me what she meant and he missed the next three numbers.    But he knows seventeen!  And seventy-one!

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter is very social.   One of the ways she has been honing her social skills is to have you play a game with her.   She interacts with you the whole game.   She communicates with you.  She asks you questions.   She shares what she knows about the game (which is a lot if it's a game she's making up on the fly.)   She never minds if you win at a game either.    She almost prefers it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment