Thursday, February 5, 2015

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper Helicopter Man

Several tines now I've heard a strange sound.   It's been the end of the day and my husband is upstairs getting the children tucked into their beds while I fold laundry or clean up the bedroom.    I would hear this sound that sounded like water running through a pipe and making a strange sound.   We have an outdoor hose bib that does this and it's not fun to hear.   Only this was further away and not as loud.    Then, it stopped.  

A few days later I heard it again and this time I was in our bathroom.   I walked around, listening to find the sound.  Was it coming from the heating system below me in the crawl space?   Was water running from above in my children's bathroom and we had a pipe issue?   Then, like before, it stopped.

And then last night, I was walking out of my children's room, heading downstairs to clean up.  My husband was going to tell one of his now much demanded, Super Helicopter Man stories to them as their last story of the night.  He makes these stories up.   There are multiple characters.   I never get to hear them because I'm off writing this blog or cleaning up things.    As I turned to go down the stairs I heard the sound again...only this time it was louder.   I ran back up the stairs, now sure I knew what it was as I burst back into the room.

My husband stopped making noise and he and my children looked at me with a questioning look.  "What are you saying?  I've been trying to hone in on that noise for days," I asked my husband.  He looked conspiratorially at my children and said, "should we show mommy?"   They nodded and he then started his Super Helicopter man story again.   I heard him drag out the "ooo" in "super," seeing just how long he could make the one note last.  

It was impressive.   Mystery solved.   I laughed, left the room and went downstairs to get on the cleaning up.

The Big Boy Update:   Today was my birthday.   We had a birthday cupcake that my son delivered to me with a single candle in it.   After he and I blew the candle out together, everyone ate cupcakes.   That is, except for my son.   He had a toothpick and was poking at the candle with it.   He asked, "what's inside a candle?"   We did that adult smile and laugh thing and said, "more candle" or something like that and then went on eating and talking.   A few minutes later we suddenly realized he'd been finding out for himself with that toothpick and had gotten candle bits all over the place.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter directed dinner tonight.   She happily suggested where Mimi was going to sit.   She let Uncle Jonathan know where he was going to sit, she made sure I sat beside her and beside her brother at the same time and then when we were mostly all seated she engaged us all in conversation of the type only a three-year-old can manage.  I looked at my dad and said, "she's cute, isn't she?"

No comments:

Post a Comment