Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Hot Air Vent

I had a flash back to my childhood yesterday when I walked into our bathroom and saw my daughter huddled around the hot air vent.   She was at first sitting on it and then, when she realized it would blow her hair up all around her, she lay down on the floor and had just her face over the vent.    She and I had fun playing with the vent and the hot air coming out of it together.

It brought back memories of my childhood and early, cold, winter mornings.   My mother would come in and tell me it was time to get up.   I remember not wanting to get out of my warm bed.   I compromised by getting out of bed and climbing under the desk where the heat vent was.   I would lie on top of it and try to get warm enough to muster the energy to get clothes on and come to breakfast.

Although now that I think of it, I have no idea if I got dressed before I went to breakfast or afterwards?  Maybe my mother will remember.   I'll have to ask her tomorrow.

The Big Boy Update:  My son loves to work with legos.   Ever since we realized at Christmas that he could build and be successful with the Duplo blocks we've had them out in their bedroom.   They are now all over the house.   "birthday cakes" are a popular project with vehicles and towers being close seconds.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter said to me the other day, "mom, you and dad are my best friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment