Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wedding Dress Wearing Opportunity

We were making a joke tonight about a photo opportunity we have upcoming.  We've broken ground on the site for our new school.  All trustees and some of the other key people that helped make this possible will be on site next Monday to take a picture with hats and shovels.   One of our trustees said, "dress up, it's a formal event."

We do want to look nice, but there will be mud.   However, how many chances do you get to wear your wedding dress again?  My friend on the board suggested we wear ours.   Hers is preserved in a box, while mine is in a zipper bag (most assuredly wrinkled) in the attic.

I don't know if we'll wear our dresses, but I'm going to pull mine out and see if I still fit in it.

The Big Boy Update:  My son still calls people "Pahmer".   I need to write a whole blog post about this Pahmer word, because while it's not a person, or people, it's also everyone and everything.   Today at a playground my son said, "Hey, big boy Pahmer" to an older, taller child.   He told this child, "I'm Optimus Prime too."   (My son has no idea who Optimus Prime is.)

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She wanted to play in the splash pool this afternoon.   I sprayed her with sunscreen, but neglected to put on some bug spray.  Tomorrow is our monthly insect treatment.   I should have remembered because in ten minutes, my daughter was having a fit and scratching all over.  We had to put Sting Stop on her limbs liberally and then give her some benadryl to calm the itching.

Fitness Update:  Gym today.  It's been over a week.   My neck is annoyed at me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment