Friday, August 29, 2014

Pictures Versus Words

I have a Facebook account and a Twitter account.  I have web pages for each of my children on which I post pictures on a regular basis; and I have this blog.   Of all the mediums I choose to communicate socially, internet-wise, this blog seems to work the best for me.

I like taking pictures of the children, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to post, "cute pictures" of my kids on Facebook.   Twitter is more of a text message, single thought kind of medium (by original design, but that's been expanded), but I seem to think in longer thoughts.

When I write here, I don't really post pictures either.  Unless I need to show something that's not easily explained in words, I avoid pictures.   I'm fairy certain I've never posted a single picture of my children here on this blog.

Pictures work well for some people and are their preferred way to express their thoughts.   Words seem to work better for me.

The Big Boy Update:  My son still calls people, "Pahmer" all the time.   Pahmer means lots of things, mostly pronouns for other people from what we can tell.   If there is more than one pahmer-worthy person, my son might call out, "over here, pahmer's".   He called someone a, "silly pahmer".   The other night in the tub, apparently one of my children was pahmer, because his/her/it's name kept getting repeated in the bathroom while they splashed around and I folded the laundry.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I'm not sure how my daughter knew what to do to work a jump rope with someone else.  There aren't jump ropes available at school and the ones we have at home have only been used to "hook and tie" things up by my son.  However, yesterday my daughter and Uncle Jonathan worked the jump rope in the living room and my daughter told him, "Pahmer is jumping rope."   The Pahmer mystery continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment