Saturday, August 23, 2014

Cake Decorating

My husband offered a auction item for our school's auction this past March. It was to teach cake decorating to older children an/or parents. Today he has the winners come to the house and decorate cakes with him. 

He pre-made some cakes and spent three hours with six people giving the instructions now to make a cake look great with the base icing and what to do to decorate designs, words and other common decorating things. 

I was out with the children at the pool during the event, and got home just as they were finishing. Three was a countertop full of cakes, with each person doing two six-inch layers each...and they were beautiful.  They each did a good job and they each had totally different ideas on designs. 

Everyone said my husband was a paitent, skilled teacher.  It was a fun afternoon. I think my us and is going to offer the auction item again next year. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son was playing with my daughter and wanted some help with a lawn chair at the pool. He said to his sister, "Reese, can you help me out here?  Turn yourself into a tow truck."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter feels badly.  I'm not sure what it is, but hopefully she'll feel better by the first day of school on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment