Wednesday, August 27, 2014

There Is Only One of Everything

My children go to a Montessori school.   This week they started in the next class up, which is called "Children's House".   There are many materials they will learn during the two to three years they'll stay in these new classrooms.   The teacher told us there is exactly one of everything.   Not two, not three.   This is intentional because it teaches children to wait for a turn and share.

I'm really looking forward to the new "work" my children are going to be doing.  Now, if only I could get them interested in telling me what they did.  My two are so in the moment that they really have no interest in talking about what they did at school today.

The Big Boy Update:  There must have been something very exciting on the television yesterday because my son told me, "mommy, I want to be inside the TV."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter told me, "Greyson is going to have a birthday tomorrow.  He's going to be thirty minutes."

No comments:

Post a Comment