Tuesday, August 19, 2014

It's Nearly School Time Again

With the summer almost over, not in a heat-way, in a "days are free from regularly scheduled events" way, my schedule is getting busy again.   I didn't foresee my summer being easier; but it has been nice not having to get the children off to school every morning, hurry up and get dressed, don't dawdle while eating and no, you can't take that toy to school.

Still, I'm looking forward to the children being in their new classes this year.  I hope they are, but I can't get much out of them on that front.  Mostly they're interested in the big rock over there or the caterpillar that's covered with ants.  Children have their own way to deal with time, and that way is never in a hurry (except in the house, in which case they always run).

I predict my schedule is going to be more busy with them in school as opposed to out of school though.  I'll have some time without them in the mornings, but I've committed a lot of time to the school and other projects, so I'll be using that time to get caught up before they come home and turn into little time-stealers again.   Fun, cute time-stealers.

The Big Boy Update:  "May I, please?"  These three words are words my son does not want to say lately.  He wants to be in control and he likes to make demands of everyone around him.  If you don't listen to his demands, he yells them at you.   Guess which two parents are now making even more of an issue that he ask using his polite words?   He really, really dislikes it when we ignore demands.  Sometimes, he dislikes asking politely so much, he'd just rather do without, stomping off and making angry sounds as he goes.   We don't have different expectations for him versus his sister, but he is really trying to push his limits of late.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Please and thank you.  My daughter likes to ask politely.  She doesn't always say please, but she asks in a kind, requestful voice.   Without being prompted, she also tells us thanks a lot as well.    I'm wondering when she'll get to the testing stage like her brother is in, or if she'll skip it altogether and find another way to test us in her own, ladylike way.

No comments:

Post a Comment