Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Storybook Land

We're in New Jersey visiting family.  My sister-in-law told us we should consider Storybook Land, a toddler and young child amusement park dedicated to classic storybook rhymes such as the Mother Goose ones.   Today, we went to check it out.

My niece and nephew joined us.  They were much too big for the age range the park was designed for, but they remembered it from their childhood.   They rode rides with my children and we all marveled at how creepy the Mother Goose rhymes actually are (they are both strange and somewhat horrific if you think about the meaning behind many of the lines.)

We looked at many exhibits that showed the storybook rhymes in action.  You pushed a little red button and some animatronics would happen inside a closed room.   Those parts were especially creepy to the adults; the children loved them.

We had ice cream and then drove home to have dinner.   Maybe we'll go back next year and see what my children think about it then.

The Big Boy Update:  My son said, "Daddy, I made a shape for you."  We looked over and he had; he had put three coasters together and made the Mickey Mouse shape.   He was very proud.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I was in the, "hot pool" (hot tub) with my daughter yesterday and she was singing something random--she is great at singing random things.   She looked over to me and said, "I'm singing a cover song."   Who told her about cover songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment